In order to play this game an EOS Account and Scatter is needed.
In order to start playing you should follow the following steps:
- Login with Scatter by clicking the button on the top right corner.
If you do not have scatter installed (or it is deactivated on desktop) please install it and refresh.
- Click on your username (top right corner), go to the Tokens tab and deposit any amount of PXS you wish. Once you do so the staked amount will update to show how many PXS you deposited.
Go to the Info tab, here you will see the following information:
- AP (Accumulated Pixels): How many pixels you can paint at the current moment for free.
- Cool (Cooldown): Time until you receive 1 AP.
- PP (Participation Points): How many participation points you have from painting in the current canvas. You earn these by painting.
- Prev PP: How many participation points you have from painting in the previous canvas. These are your voting power.
- Now just wait until you have some AP and you'll be able to paint on the canvas
How the game works
Every day at 00:00:00 UTC a new game cycle begins.
When this happens the current canvas is cleared, the submissions made on it are locked and made available for voting, and the winner from 2 cycles before is made public.
During a cycle you can paint and create submissions on the current canvas and vote on the submissions created in the previous cycle.
How to use the canvas
When looking at the canvas you can do 3 different things.
- Enter Drag mode, by clicking the Drag button at the bottom of the screen.
- Drag the canvas with your mouse or finger if you're on mobile.
- Zoom in/out by scrolling or pinching your screen if you're on mobile.
- Enter Paint mode, by clicking the Paint button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the color you want to paint with by clicking the color palette that shows up.
- Paint the canvas by clicking it while a color is selected. Every pixel you paint costs 1 AP
- If you select the eraser (bottom right on the palette), you can erase single pixels by clicking them.
- Once you're satisfied with your drawing submit it by clicking the paint button just below the palette.
- If you want to clear all the pixels you've just painted but haven't submitted click the discard button.
You can activate the grid by clicking the grid button on the bottom left corner of the palette. In this grid, the black lines separate the
canvas segments and the grey lines separate individual pixels.
Create a submission
- Enter Submission mode, by clicking the Submission button at the bottom of the screen.
- Drag any area of the canvas to select your submission. The submission needs to contain at least 625 (25*25) pixels.
- You can adjust it more by typing the coordinates of the top-left and bottom-right corners of the submission in the "Start" and "End" fields.
- Once a submission has been selected, you will see how many PP you need to have to be able to submit it.
- If you have enough PP, click the Submit button to send it to the blockchain.
- If you want to see all created submissions up until the last 30 seconds, click the Show Subs button, doing so will display submissions made by others in blue, and yours in red.
Please remember that each user can only have 1 submission per canvas, as such, if you create a new one, any previous submissions you may have made on the current canvas will be deleted.
The submissions you create only store the area you selected, as such, someone can draw on that area and affect your submission.
In order to vote, follow the following steps:
- Switch to the Voting tab by selecting it from the menu in the top left corner.
- Scroll through the list of created submissions until you find the one you want to vote on.
- Click on it and you will give the submission an amount of votes equal to your Prev PP. This can be done to up to 5 submissions per cycle.
- If you want to remove your votes from a submission you just need to click it again.
When a cycle ends, the winning submission from 2 cycles prior is announced.
As the game progresses, you'll eventually have participated in this winning submission. When that happens you'll receive a reward proportional to the percentage of pixels on that submission that were painted by you. The amount of PXS earned is calculated as follows:
This reward will be transferred to your account as soon as the winning submission is processed.
Here's some useful tips while playing.
The canvas is composed of segments, these segments take up 1/3 of each row of pixels (50 pixels).
The smart contract stores your pixels from segment to segment, making it more efficient to store 50 pixels in a segment than 50 pixels one in each segment.
As such it is suggested that each time you submit a drawing you should maximize the number of pixels per segment you submit.
More information will be made available as the beta progresses or if something else is not clear.